Friday, March 11, 2011

Screencasts for everyone


The Education at Its Best initiative has generously provided us with a new Mac.  I chose a Mac because of ScreenFlow, which only runs on Macs.  ScreenFlow is perhaps the best software package for making screencasts, i.e. movies that record what happens on the screen.  I have found screencasts very valuable tools for education in general and for software-related instructions in particular.

Here are two screencasts I made.  One is very simple and shows how to use this website


The other screencast is a little more advanced, but gives you a hint the kind of editing that is possible with the program.



If you are interested in learning how to use ScreenFlow let me know, I'll be happy to show you.  (Of course, ScreenFlow comes with excellent how-to videos).

If you want a login account on the Mac please ask Casper.

No comments: